Sunday, October 23, 2016

Indie Shop Fall 2016 Interviews - Stached Polish

Hello Loves!!
I am excited to show you this project I've been working on for the last two weeks. In preparation for the upcoming Indie Shop on November 5th in Torrance California, I've interviewed all the vendors that will be there. From today until the event, I will be posting an interview a day so that you can get to know each and every one of the faces behind the brands. 
Now.... TO THE INTERVIEW!!!
 Today I present to you Stached Polish!

What is your name and where are you from?
My name is Holly of Stached Polish. I am from Huntington Beach, California but I grew up in Taft, California and Mena, Arkansas.

When did you start Stached Polish?
I started my brand in March 2015 after getting a bit frustrated about not being able to score colors I wanted, or money being too tight.

What is meaning behind Stached Polish and how did you come up with your brand name?
I had several different names on the burner when I was testing, and I was going back and forth between a few. Stached just came to me one day, when I was in a Facebook group and I saw a few different girls say that they were "stashing their polish away, so their husbands wouldn't know it came in the mail." It really clicked because my husband is a bearded man and I always tease him about trimming his 'stache. I hadn't seen anything else like that on the market, so I decided then and there to stick with Stached Polish.

What do you love about what you do?
My absolute favorite thing is seeing creations done by these talented women, and how happy it makes them.  I know painting is a big stress reliever for a lot, with me included, so it just puts a smile on my face that I can help relief some of that and bring people out of their shells a little with nail art!
Secondly, I really love mixing.  I feel like such a mad scientist when I'm pouring one color into another or mixing in so many different sparkles!

What are some of your hobbies or favorite pastimes?
My hobbies include painting my nails and reading.  I probably spend more time reading than anything!  I know it's not a lot compared to some, but I've read over 60 books this year alone which is over my goal! Painting my nails is also such a stress reliever after a long day at work, and it keeps me from snacking while I enjoy TV after dinner!
I also really love going to Disneyland.  We go often and I really feel like it's a lot of fun, quality time with my husband and friends without staring at screens all night long!

Will this be your first event like Indie Shop and if not what do you like about doing events like this?
This is my 3rd Indie Shop!  I feel so blessed to be able to live in an area that events are happening, and around so many other wonderful makers!  
I truly love getting to put faces with names and socializing.  These events to me are more getting to meet people in the Indie Polish community.  It's so rare for people in real life to know what Indie Polish even is, without you having to explain it.

What will you be bringing to Indie Shop and will you be offering an event exclusive for attendees?
I will be bringing a few brand new collections, including the Lord of the Rings inspired, "ALL the Meals" collection.  (debuting at the Indie Shop)  I'll also be bringing my 90s Pop Culture duo and a mini duo geared for the little ones in our life, A Magical World, which will be both available October 14th. 
I will be offering an event exclusive, " la femme" which means, "Look for the woman" in French. It also reminds me of being feminine. It will be a taupey/purple-ish neutral with lots of holo and flakies.

Is there anything else that you would like people to know about you or Stached Polish?
I hope everyone is able to stop by the Stached table at The Indie Shop, even if it's just for a business card!
 
Thank you so much Holly for taking the time to do this with me. I am excited for Indie Shop and I can't wait to stop by to say hi and shop.

There you have it! I hope you guys enjoyed learning a little more about Stached Polish. Make sure to "Like" their Facebook page, and "Follow" them on Instagram for up to date information about things to come.
Don't forget that Indie Shop is November 5th at 10am in Torrance California. There are still tickets available so make sure you get yours before they sell out.
Stop by and say hi to Holly while you're shopping at Indie Shop. I'll be there too so find me and say hello, I would love to meet all of you!

Let me know what you think about this project and stay tuned for tomorrows interview.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment