Friday, October 21, 2016

Indie Shop Fall 2016 Interviews - Squishy Face Polish

Hello Loves!!
I am excited to show you this project I've been working on for the last two weeks. In preparation for the upcoming Indie Shop on November 5th in Torrance California, I've interviewed all the vendors that will be there. From today until the event, I will be posting an interview a day so that you can get to know each and every one of the faces behind the brands. 
Now.... TO THE INTERVIEW!!!
 Today I present to you Squishy Face Polish!
What is your name and where are you from?
My name is Alice and I'm from Santa Ana, California.

When did you start Squishy Face Polish?
I started Squishy Face Polish back in May of 2013.

What is meaning behind Squishy Face Polish and how did you come up with your brand name?
Squishy Face Polish was meant to be in memory of my first bulldog, Opie. He passed away at 10 months old and of course I was completely heart broken. I'm a huge bulldog lover, my brother was a Marine and the mascot for the Marines is a bulldog. When I started Instagram it was for my bulldogs and I always used the hashtag #squishyfacecrew. I thought it was a cute name and I ran with it.

What do you love about what you do?
Everything. I love crafting. I love painting. I love ART in general and this is kind of my way of creating pretty things without necessarily needing a canvas.

What are some of your hobbies or favorite pastimes?
 I love going to Disneyland, I'm an annual pass holder and I frequent the parks. I breed bulldogs as well so when I'n not taking care of a litter or two, lol, I tend to craft.

Will this be your first event like Indie Shop and if not what do you like about doing events like this?
This will be my THIRD, yes THIRD, time with Indie Shop. I LOVE LOVE LOVE meeting everyone. I'm really shy and I have RBF so I can be a little intimidating at first but I promise I don't bite. If anything I have social anxiety and would love for my clients to come say hi to me instead of me approaching them first. I know that sounds terrible but once you break my shell, trust me, I'm really loud.

What will you be bringing to Indie Shop and will you be offering an event exclusive for attendees?
I'm going to be bringing a whole new Fall/Winter Collection, some clearance and prototypes, and of course an exclusive polish.

Is there anything else that you would like people to know about you or Squishy Face Polish?
Nope, nothing else I can think of.
 
Thank you so much Alice for taking the time to do this with me. I am excited for Indie Shop and I can't wait to stop by to say hi and shop.

There you have it! I hope you guys enjoyed learning a little more about Squishy Face Polish. Make sure to "Like" their Facebook page, "Join" their Facebook group, and "Follow" them on Instagram for up to date information about things to come.
Don't forget that Indie Shop is November 5th at 10am in Torrance California. There are still tickets available so make sure you get yours before they sell out.
Stop by and say hi to Alice while you're shopping at Indie Shop. I'll be there too so find me and say hello, I would love to meet all of you!

Let me know what you think about this project and stay tuned for tomorrows interview.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment