Thursday, October 20, 2016

Indie Shop Fall 2016 Interviews - Bad Bitch Polish

Hello Loves!!
I am excited to show you this project I've been working on for the last two weeks. In preparation for the upcoming Indie Shop on November 5th in Torrance California, I've interviewed all the vendors that will be there. From today until the event, I will be posting an interview a day so that you can get to know each and every one of the faces behind the brands. 
Now.... TO THE INTERVIEW!!!
Today I present to you Bad Bitch Polish!

What is your name and where are you from?
My name is Britt and I live in Oceanside, California. We're 1.5 miles from the beach, which I adore. I grew up in Idaho but am so very happy to be making my home permanently in Cali.

When did you start Bad Bitch Polish?
I started Bad Bitch Polish in October of 2013.

That's three years this month! Congratulations. What is meaning behind Bad Bitch Polish and how did you come up with your brand name?
Haha. There’s a lot behind it. We (myself and my husband, who does a lot of the behind the scenes brainstorming, graphics, and marketing) wanted a brand that focused on strong, confident women. We created a definition of what “Bad Bitch” means to us: A woman of strong will. Independent, fierce, confident. Stylish and elegant, with a little bit of naughty.
Women get enough negative messages out there- I wanted to focus on the strength and power we hold. To me that means owning who and where we are, even though we are all fully capable of finding flaws in ourselves all day long. Our strengths outshine any flaws we have or any we make up about ourselves!
 Secondarily, BBP also includes our initials

What do you love about what you do?
I love the process of creating a color. It’s mind blowing how many tiny elements go into what looks like a simple cream, for example. A nude might have 8 or 10 different pigments to get that exact shade- and a single drop more or less of any one of those can drastically alter the color. Knowing when to keep on modifying a color and when to walk away to look at later with fresh eyes and when to start over completely is an art. It's challenging and exciting all at once.

What are some of your hobbies or favorite pastimes?
 Right now my 2 year old is home with me all day and BBP takes most nights so there isn’t much time for anything else! I love reading and that’s the one thing I always make time for. When I have a chance, I like to DIY in other areas, scrapbook, dabble in sewing, and binge watch whatever catches my eye.

Will this be your first event like Indie Shop and if not what do you like about doing events like this?
This is my 3rd Indie Shop and I’ve done several other SoCal events. When I’m at an event for the general public, it’s fun to see people’s faces when they discover that indie polish exists. So many people still have no idea!
At Indie Shop, I love it all. I get to meet indie polish lovers and people I only know by screen names. I get to meet and chat with other brand owners. It’s a little slice of polish heaven for someone who doesn’t have local polish obsessed friends!

What will you be bringing to Indie Shop and will you be offering an event exclusive for attendees?
I’ll be having an exclusive called City of Lights that is an amazing purple packed with galaxy holo in multiple colors as well as several colors of flakies. I’m also contributing a bag exclusive glitter/flakie topper in the VIP bags.
I’ll be bringing my fall collections (Northern & Southern Hemisphere), a brand new stamping polish set launching just the day before, the Never To Be Trusted trio (my Halloween Coraline-inspired trio), my holiday line (which won’t officially launch until November 25th) and possibly some surprises!
I’ll also have a very limited stock of my BBP Turns 3 trio- I’d highly recommend ordering ahead of time and arranging to pick it up at the show.

Is there anything else that you would like people to know about you or Bad Bitch Polish?
Don’t be scared of the name! We’re here to be strong, bad ass women who happen to love having sparkly nails.
 
Thank you so much Britt for taking the time to do this with me. I am excited for Indie Shop and I can't wait to stop by to say hi and shop.

There you have it! I hope you guys enjoyed learning a little more about Bad Bitch Polish. Make sure to "Like" their Facebook page, "Join" their Facebook group, and "Follow" them on Instagram for up to date information about things to come.
Don't forget that Indie Shop is November 5th at 10am in Torrance California. There are still tickets available so make sure you get yours before they sell out.
Stop by and say hi to Britt while you're shopping at Indie Shop. I'll be there too so find me and say hello, I would love to meet all of you!

Let me know what you think about this project and stay tuned for tomorrows interview.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment