Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Indie Shop Fall 2016 Interviews - I, A.M...Custom Color Cosmetics

Hello Loves!!
I am excited to show you this project I've been working on for the last two weeks. In preparation for the upcoming Indie Shop on November 5th in Torrance California, I've interviewed all the vendors that will be there. From today until the event, I will be posting an interview a day so that you can get to know each and every one of the faces behind the brands. 
Now.... TO THE INTERVIEW!!!
 
Today I present to you I, A.M...Custom Color Cosmetics!



What is your name and where are you from?
My name is Ashlie Jade and I am located in Roseville, California.

When did you start I, A.M...Custom Color Cosmetics?
I first launched on January 5th of 2014.

What is meaning behind I, A.M...Custom Color Cosmetics and how did you come up with your brand name?
There is actually a ton of meaning behind my brand name. “I am” seems like a simple statement but it is one of my favorite mantras in Hinduism, “So Hum”. It is a declaration to the universe of oneness. So, I AM. My name is Ashlie and my fiance’s name is Matt, so it also references our initials. I, Ashlie, Matt… And lastly, one of my larger influences on my polish and personal aesthetic is the Art Nouveau artist Alfons Mucha. So the A. and the M. also fit for that. The perfect trifecta. The Custom Color means that there is a unique polish out there for everyone and if you don’t see it in our shop, we are absolutely open to working with you to create it. Custom Colors for the unique and discerning customer. And thus, “I,A.M...CustomColorCosmetics” or IAMCCC was born.

What do you love about what you do?
Everything! The creativity and ability to really do things that mean a lot to me and hopefully to others as well. I’ve met some amazing people through this outlet and the support from everyone has been amazing.

What are some of your hobbies or favorite pastimes?
I was an Anthropology/Linguistics Major and I taught ballet and other dance for almost a decade. I also love art and museums, I secretly nerd out at architecture. I’ve had like 10 years of German and can barely speak it, but it’s passable as well as my traveler’s Italian, French and Spanish but it has all been helpful traveling which is something I wish I could do more of as well, but then who would mix polish? I was raised in a salon so beauty has been in my blood. So naturally I love colored hair and makeup and nails. I also enjoy crafting and there is really something cathartic about organizing something after making it look like a bomb went off. My fellow maker’s may understand this.

Will this be your first event like Indie Shop and if not what do you like about doing events like this?
Yes, this will be my first event.

What will you be bringing to Indie Shop and will you be offering an event exclusive for attendees?
I will be bringing almost a full stock of polish and some seasonally scented body care items. I created 4 LE polishes for this event and one will be offered in the VIP bags! Everything will be 20% OFF list prices!

Is there anything else that you would like people to know about you or I, A.M...Custom Color Cosmetics?
Our aim has always been to source sustainable and cruelty free items of the highest quality and when feasible, organic. It has always been important to me that my personal body care items be as natural as possible. I have sensitive and finicky skin and so it is important to find items that I can use as well since most things from the store make me rash. While not all items are vegan, many items are. I am an open book, stop by our table and say hi, we look forward to meeting you all!
 
Thank you so much Ashlie for taking the time to do this with me. I am excited for Indie Shop and I can't wait to stop by to say hi and shop.

There you have it! I hope you guys enjoyed learning a little more about I, A.M...Custom Color Cosmetics. Make sure to "Like" their Facebook page, and "Follow" them on Instagram for up to date information about things to come.
Don't forget that Indie Shop is November 5th at 10am in Torrance California. There are still tickets available so make sure you get yours before they sell out.
Stop by and say hi to Ashlie while you're shopping at Indie Shop. I'll be there too so find me and say hello, I would love to meet all of you!

Let me know what you think about this project and stay tuned for tomorrows interview. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment